Golladays, Jacksons, Rudolphs, oh my! Did anyone predict the Giants would be this aggressive in free agency? Big Blue completely changed the outlook of the team by making splashes in the first week of free agency. They got a No. 1 receiver in Kenny Golladay. They got a top cornerback in Adoree’ Jackson. They extended a top defensive lineman in Leonard Williams. They got a tight end in Kyle Rudolph to pair with Evan Engram. They added some depth. Kudos to Dave Gettleman and Kevin Abrams.
To dive into a busy free agency, we bring you a special edition of the “Blue Rush” podcast with Paul Schwartz and Lawrence Tynes, featuring an interview with NFL Network insider Mike Garafolo.
Blue Rush Podcast Opening Segment with Lawrence, Paul & Jake:
- SHOCKING SPENDING SPREE: Did not see Giants spending like this. Cleared up some money by giving Leonard Williams an extension, cutting Kevin Zeitler and restructuring Nate Solder’s contract. Kevin Abrams did a sensational job.
- PLAYOFFS: They made these moves to make the playoffs in 2021.
- KENNY GOLLADAY: He’s big and a gamebreaker. Comparing Golladay to Plaxico Burress. Very similar stats. Golladay is a more explosive version of Plax. Red zone much better with him and Kyle Rudolph.
- DANIEL JONES: We don’t know how good he is. There is more pressure on him to be good in 2021. Expectation is for him to be better and for Giants to win now.
- ADOREE’ JACKSON: Recruiting by Logan Ryan was key in getting him to sign. New Giants WR John Ross also had a hand in recruiting. This was a home run. Giants secondary is talented and has depth. This team addressed depth very well across the board in free agency.
- DEVONTAE BOOKER: Will be backup running back and contribute on special teams, which Wayne Gallman did not do.
Mike Garafolo Interview:
NFL Network insider
- CAP SPACE: How did the Giants make it work? Surprised with how much they spent. They are trying to be aggressive.
- SURPRISE: Did these moves catch the NFL media by surprise?
- TV FROM HOME: New kid, two kids, doing live TV hits from home. Daughter in Elsa “Frozen” dress in background while he was on TV.
- CAMEOS: Having fun doing Cameos for people from home.
- NFC EAST: Cowboys still the best team in the NFC East with Dak Prescott healthy.
- DANIEL JONES: Was a different QB last year vs. his rookie year.
- COVERING TYNES: Memories covering him when he was the Giants beat writer. How pissed off he was the week of the NFC Championship Game in San Francisco. “Get away from my snapper. Stop putting those thoughts in his head.” Trey Junkin retiring on the spot after that bad snap in San Fran.
Catch up on all episodes of “Blue Rush,” a New York Giants podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Lawrence Tynes, Paul Schwartz and Jake Brown on Twitter @lt4kicks, @NYPost_Schwartz and @JakeBrownRadio.