Julius Randle lost a chance to tie the game for the Knicks on Monday. With that said, the Knicks had their chances to beat the Nets. They missed open shots and were forced to have to rally late to get themselves into a one-possession game. Knicks fans were frustrated and rightfully so. This team might need to add a shooter if they want to have a shot at a run and maybe winning a round in the playoffs.
To talk about the heartbreaking loss to the Nets and where the team is at, we bring you a new episode of the “Big Apple Buckets” podcast with Sal Licata and Jerome “The Junk Yard Dog” Williams, featuring interviews with John Wallace and Bill Pidto.
Big Apple Buckets Podcast with Sal & The Junk Yard Dog:
- Losing in heartbreaking fashion to the Nets. Reacting to the travel call on Randle. Did they get it right?
- Knicks didn’t lose the game because of one call. They fell behind, missed open shots and missed opportunities.
- Knicks could use a three-point shooter badly. Whether it’s a trade or on the buyout market, they need another shooter.
- Does adding Andre Drummond or LaMarcus Aldridge make sense?
John Wallace Interview:
Former Knicks forward (1996-1997, 1999-2000), ESPN Radio NY Knicks fill-in color analyst
- Final call against Randle. Knicks have to move on from it.
- Breaking down Randle’s big-time season. Knicks are back. Great defense gives them a chance to win every night.
- Should the Knicks add a piece?
- Being a rookie with the Knicks and not getting ton of playing time. Learning life lessons in his time with Knicks under Jeff Van Gundy.
- Playing in Celebrity Game with JYD and memories with him on Pistons. “Our coach was so bad.”
Bill Pidto Interview:
MSG Network Knicks, Rangers pre and postgame host
- Giving all the credit to Tom Thibodeau for the turnaround this season.
- Randle’s improved season and RJ Barrett getting better.
- Lingo he is using on broadcasts. “Lit, lowkey, highkey, no cap.”
Catch up on all episodes of “Big Apple Buckets,” a New York Knicks podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow the crew on Twitter @sal_licata, @JunkYardDogJW and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the show drop Tuesday afternoons.